We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which recently announced the closing of its Series A at $130M, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As a Communications Engineer at Cavnue, you will drive the design and implementation of network (wired and wireless) engineering implementation and network deployment designs alongside other members of the hardware team in other disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, Optical, Sensor, etc.) to enable the deployment of sensors and the supporting networks for our roadside infrastructure. You will also work closely with our software and systems engineering team to ensure our network technology and design meet the requirements for our CAV transportation solutions . If you like designing and building network solutions and deploying these systems in the real world, as well as multi-disciplinary collaboration we want you to come join our team!
- Define and implement Cavnue’s network hardware technology and deployment architecture(s) and own the design and integration of network technology components into the Cavnue devices
- Evaluate network infrastructure alternatives for Cavnue’s technology deployments, leveraging existing physical infrastructure where appropriate, and collaborating with project delivery and civil engineering teams to design from the ground up where appropriate.
- Develop requirements and technical implementation strategies for Cavnue roadside device deployments ( both wired and wireless) to satisfy platform and project execution needs and timelines.
- Engage in and improve the entire lifecycle of networks, from inception and design, to qualification and validation, through deployment, operation, and optimization.
- Scale systems sustainably through tools and automation, and evolve systems by driving change that improves reliability and velocity.
- Lead development of Cavnue’s network infrastructure through published engineering design documents and specifications.
- Drive equirement analysis, engineering design, and solution development of Cavnue network infrastructure.
- Experience and demonstrated success in designing integration strategies and technology selection for network components ( wired and wireless) and integration architectures for network solutions for infrastructure device solutions ( IoT, etc)
- Capable of identifying, planning, and executing network tasks such as configuring switches/routers, rack and stacking hardware, set VLANs, activate ports, physical cables (fiber and copper), maintain interswitch links, etc.
- Capable of setting up monitoring tools to analyze network traffic, maintain uptime, generate throughput reports, spot trends, and report any anomalies.
- Experience with the following:
- TCP/IP and OSI models
- IP Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- IP internal networking and LAN Switching
- Major global WAN and Internet providers
- Segmentation and security
- Interconnections to cloud providers
- Latest hardware and operating systemsC
- Inter-AS connectivity (eBGP, MPLS, EVPN, VRF)
- High Availability protocols
- High level internetworking problem solving in an enterprise level network environment
- Network management, network availability and capacity management
- Collaborating with carriers to run circuit delivery, problem solving and migration
- Vendor coordination and management
- Fiber / Backhaul, Colo Compute
- Point-to-point wireless
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members!
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.