We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which recently announced the closing of its Series A at $130M, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be part of a larger team designing and building complex systems using a combination of custom ASICs, FPGA, and other off-the-shelf components. You will work alongside hardware teams in other disciplines (mechanical, optical, sensor, firmware, etc.) to design the sensors, actuators and networks for the roadside infrastructure. You will work closely with software and perception teams so we can use the technology to stand up a “digital twin” of our roadways. If you like deploying systems in the real world, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and building teams, we want you to come join our team.
- Participate in system architecture definition, component selection, and design execution
- Design schematic, layout, signal integrity, and power activities including characterization and verification
- Assure quality design through best design practices, followed up by testing, that products meet signal integrity, thermal, EMC, Safety, and DFM requirements.
- Setup environment to enable fast regression of changes in hardware and software and work to duplicated reported bugs
- Support and perform EMC/EMI/ESD testing, thermal testing, reliability testing, hardware verification and validation
- Collaborate with a world class team of experts with a wide range of backgrounds across robotics, medical devices, aerospace, consumer products, enterprise equipment, automotive design, and more
- Interface with our OEM partners, suppliers, and component suppliers
- Travel to remote offices, project sites, engineering partners, and manufacturing partners
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field and 4+ years of experience.
- Experience in the validation and verification of electrical hardware systems
- Proficiency with electrical debug and test equipment; including: oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers, JTAG tools, etc
- Good communication skills with diverse cross functional teams and external partners
- A positive and self-driven individual, who is detail oriented, responsible, and desires to challenge themselves by learning new skills or technologies
- Experience designing to automotive or military standards is a plus
- Experience with cameras, LIDAR and/or RADAR is a plus
- Experience with L2+ autonomous vehicle hardware is a plus
- Experience in writing software for bringup and/or testing is a plus
- Experience with failure analysis is a plus
- Experience with rapid prototyping is a plus
- Experience with the following productivity tools is a plus:
- Jira, Confluence, Box, Slack
- Experience with the following design tools is a plus:
- Orcad, Allegro, Altium
- Hybrid flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members!
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.