We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which recently announced the closing of its Series A at $130M, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As the Embedded Software Engineer, you will work alongside hardware teams in other disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, Optical, Sensor, etc.) to design the sensors, actuators and networks for the roadside infrastructure. This team will work closely with our software and perception teams to embed the technology to stand up a “digital twin” of our roadways. If you like writing high quality firmware, deploying systems in the real world, multi-disciplinary collaboration, and building teams, we want you to come join our team!
- You will participate in system architecture definition and design execution
- You will work with firmware design, validation and verification activities
- You get to collaborate with cross functional teams to support the product development, bring-up, debug, and release to production
- Develop functional specifications, procedures, and documentation required
- Support functional safety activities, and DFMEA
- Collaborate with a world class team of experts with a wide range of backgrounds across robotics, medical devices, aerospace, consumer products, enterprise equipment, automotive design, and more
- Interface with our OEM partners, suppliers, and component suppliers
- Ability to travel to remote offices, project sites, engineering partners, and manufacturing partners is required
- Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field or ten years of experience
- You have excellent coding, architecture and debugging skills
- You are experienced with processor architecture and digital circuit design
- You have worked with camera sensors and camera sensor interconnect such as CSI
- You have experience with a major SOC from Qualcomm, Mediatek, NVidia, Ambarella, etc.
- You are familiar with interconnect such as I2C, SPI, PCie
- You have worked through an entire product development cycle
- You enjoy implementing Agile software development processes and tests to drive release management
- You have worked with Test-Driven Development (TDD) using Google Test or similar tools
- Experience setting up and maintaining continuous integration tools (Circle CI, Jenkins, etc)
- Proficiency with test equipment, including: oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, JTAG tools, etc
- Good communication skills with diverse cross functional teams and external partners
- You are a positive and self-driven individual, who is detail oriented, responsible, and desires to challenge themselves by learning new skills or technologies
- Experience with C++ 14 & 17
- Experience with RTOS systems on ARM Cortex MCUs
- Experience with Linux and/or V4L
- Experience with Go or Rust is a plus
- Experience with LIDAR and/or RADAR is a plus
- Experience with L2+ autonomous vehicle systems is a plus
- Experience with rapid prototyping is a plus
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members!
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.