Cavnue’s mission is to unlock autonomous mobility and save lives, time, and money. We do this by building the roads of the future.
We build products that delight our users whether it is giving drivers time back on the roads, giving transit users more accessible and higher quality transportation, or enabling more efficient movement of goods. We are developing and integrating technologies that will power the world’s most technologically advanced roads. We are building the future. Come join us.
In this role, you will be a part of Cavnue’s field engineering team executing and overseeing field testing, deployments, and sustaining. You will work with a world-class team of engineers, operations, and product leaders to help deliver on Cavnue’s mission. If you are a highly motivated hands-on engineer with experience in testing and deploying complex systems, we’d love to meet you!
- Lead field investigations of hardware and software systems from early prototype to final products, including post processing and deep dive analysis into device logs to understand and identify root cause of system issues
- Be the first line of defense for all field issues. You’ll be the one we call to debug our systems and get them back into working order.
- Identify issues impacting product performance and work with the engineering teams on fixes and prioritization.
- Lead field testing which includes scheduling, resourcing, overseeing contractors and service providers for test operations and deployment installations, as well as creating and optimizing test plans, processes, instrumentation & tooling, and KPIs
- Provide feedback and suggested improvements to engineering with respect to serviceability, maintainability, usability, and reliability of equipment.
- Supporting the development of operating and maintenance procedures
- Creating scripts/tools to automate log analysis and system recovery actions
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years hands-on experience with end to end field testing that includes test plan preparation, field testing, log analysis & debugging
- Deep understanding of technical and operational systems and the ability to easily translate between those two worlds.
- Experience launching complex technical products
- Experience building and/or testing safety-critical and high-reliability systems
- Experience using statistics and large data sets to analyze test results and draw conclusions
- Read and write code such as C++, C, java, python
- Strong focus on execution
- Strong background in aerospace, automotive, autonomous vehicles (or a similar field)
- Can learn technical information quickly; and can translate between operational needs and technical solutions in a variety of disciplines
- Self-motivated, creative, and proactive to meet tight schedules and work in fast-paced environments
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Domestic travel required, up to 50% at times.
- Early-stage start-up experience is a plus.
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.