Cavnue’s mission is to unlock autonomous mobility and save lives, time, and money. We do this by building the roads of the future.
Our mission at Cavnue is to build the world’s most advanced roads, that are safer, offer greater throughput, improve access to affordable and high-quality public transit and shared mobility, and enable more efficient movement of goods.
You will be the Hardware Technical Lead for Cavnue’s roadside sensing, actuation and networking systems, working closely with other hardware engineers to design and build these. You will work closely with our software and perception teams to enable a “digital twin” of our roadways. If you are excited about transportation, enjoy deploying systems in the real world, and relish multi-disciplinary collaboration, we want you to come join our team.
- Be the technical lead for roadside sensing, actuation and networking
- Participate in system architecture definition, component selection, and design execution
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to support the product development, bring-up, debug, and release to production
- Develop functional specifications, procedures, and documentation required for integrating modules, subsystems and assemblies into our sensor and actuator suite as required by our deployments
- Support automotive functional safety activities, and DFMEA
- Collaborate with a world class team of experts with a wide range of backgrounds across robotics, medical devices, aerospace, consumer products, enterprise equipment, automotive design, and more
- Interface with our OEM partners, suppliers, and component suppliers
- Travel to remote offices, project sites, engineering partners, and manufacturing partners
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field or ten years of experience
- Experience leading and driving design development for manufacturing and assembly
- Experience working through an entire product development cycle
- Experience in the validation and verification of electro-mechanical hardware systems
- Experience with design for harsh environments
- Good communication skills with diverse cross functional teams and external partners
- A positive and self-driven individual, who is detail oriented, responsible, and desires to challenge themselves by learning new skills or technologies
- Experience with cameras, LIDAR or RADAR
- Experience designing to automotive or military standards is a plus
- Experience with L2+ autonomous vehicle hardware is a plus
- Experience with civil engineering or civil engineering projects is a plus
- Experience with rapid prototyping is a plus
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.