We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which recently announced the closing of its Series A at $130M, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As a Manufacturing Engineering Lead, you will lead Cavnue’s hardware manufacturing engineering from NPI through manufacturing and launch, ensuring quality and schedule compliance in all phases of the program. You will work with a world-class team of engineering, operations, and business leaders to help deliver on Cavnue’s mission. You will lead manufacturing programs and activities to deliver Cavnue’s hardware products, working with internal stakeholders and strategic external partners. If you are a hands-on manufacturing engineer who is passionate about building hardware and launching products, we would love to talk to you!
- You will partner with Hardware Engineering and Operations teams to develop manufacturing processes and tools that can take our designs from prototypes to mature products
- Own the manufacturing process flow definition, implementation, optimization, and execution
- Lead small volume NPI manufacturing activities to support near-term deliverables while developing scalable manufacturing solutions with strategic external partners
- Define manufacturing test plans and tester qualification processes. Work with design and test engineers to mature testers and release them for production.
- Define various quality processes and strategies and work with quality assurance engineers and technicians to implement them into production
- You will own the manufacturing line bring-up to meet volume, quality, and schedule requirements while collaborating with program managers to ensure timely delivery of Cavnue’s hardware products
- Lead yield improvement activities, root cause analysis, PFMEA, and actively participate in design reviews to provide DFx feedback
- Design, build, and deploy manufacturing fixtures and equipment to improve assembly quality and yield
- Be resourceful to contract engineering expertise to bridge gaps when needed
- Support hiring and management of manufacturing technicians and engineers over time
- Lead external partners’ manufacturing teams and activities. Collaborate with the supply chain team to cultivate external partnerships.
- Support supply chain team to ensure that accurate and high quality production material is delivered to the manufacturing lines
- Oversee creation and revision of documentation such as process flows, SOPs, test plans, quality plans, build reports, etc
- Present manufacturing plans and updates to leadership on a regular cadence
- You hold a bachelor’s or higher degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- You have at least 7+ years hands-on experience as a manufacturing engineer in charge of delivering complex technical products, such as sensors and high-end electronics
- You have strong communication, organizational and leadership skills
- You’ve launched products that evolved from prototype phase to high-volume production
- You have worked with camera assembly, test, and calibration processes
- You are experienced with CAD for mechanical fixture and tool design
- Experience with process development and related materials and tooling (e.g. adhesive materials, dispense and cure optimization)
- Experience with various manufacturing processes for mechanical, optical, and electronics components and systems; experience with typical mechanical fabrication techniques (e.g. machining, 3D printing, etc)
- You are self-motivated, creative, and proactive to meet tight schedules
- You enjoy working in fast-paced environments with a strong focus on execution
- Some travel may be required depending on manufacturing supplier strategy
- Reading and writing code such as C++, C, java, python is a plus
- Early-stage start-up experience is a plus.
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members!
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.