We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which recently announced the closing of its Series A at $130M, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As a Mechanical Engineer at Cavnue, you will take part in designing the next generation sensors that will be used to help autonomous and connected vehicles drive more safely and efficiently.
- You will be responsible for design, analysis, and prototyping for electronics packaging in outdoor environments
- Designing parts using Siemens NX for 3D mechanical design and selecting materials
- Design, analyze, and verify mechanical performance to meet thermal, power dissipation, vibration, shock, environmental, mechanical stress, size, compliance, and reliability
- You will collaborate with cross functional teams to support the product development, bring-up, debug, and release to production
- Support and perform reliability testing, hardware verification and validation
- Collaborate with a world class team of experts with a wide range of backgrounds across robotics, medical devices, aerospace, consumer products, enterprise equipment, automotive design, and more
- You will regularly Interface with our OEM partners, suppliers, and component suppliers
- Travel to remote offices, project sites, engineering partners, and manufacturing partners
- 3+ years of experience in designing electro-mechanical assemblies
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Proficient with Siemens NX CAD and designing assemblies with multiple team members
- Strong working knowledge of injection molding, cnc machining, sheet metal, aluminum die-casting
- Experience with selecting electrical interconnects to connect PCBAs and electronic equipment together
- Examples of design work leading to production
- Prior experience with managing suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Hands-On work with Machine Shop Tools (e.g., Drill Press, Mill, Welding, 3D Printer)
- Self-starter comfortable with a fast-paced early-stage startup environment
- On-Site in our Mountain View, Office 2-3 times a week
- Flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members!
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.