We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which recently announced the closing of its Series A at $130M, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As a Product Manager, for Cavnue’s Lane Design and Experience, you will be responsible for defining the long-term vision, strategy and requirements for the design and configuration of the roads of the future. In this role you will work closely with a cross-functional team, including business and project development, to ensure that Cavnue’s roads meet the needs of all user groups and that Cavnue can scalably deploy its technology. This role will involve deeply understanding the interactions between traffic and infrastructure, and devising innovative solutions to solve problems related to improving safety, congestion, and driving experience on Cavnue roads.
This is a highly impactful role that brings together key pieces of Cavnue’s product and technology stack, the results of which will be directly visible to road users all over the country. We are looking for a quantitative and entrepreneurial individual, who is able to collaborate across multiple functions including Engineering, Design, UX, and Business Development.
- You will be focusing on defining and developing a user-centric product vision and product strategy for Cavnue’s road configurations including the lane itself, signage, barriers/separation, and road hardware to enable a scalable approach for deploying Cavnue’s solution
- Develop a deep understanding of the road configuration options and the cost-benefit tradeoffs associated with each, particularly the traffic safety and throughput benefits, through simulation or otherwise
- You get tork with internal and external cross-functional teams to understand and define requirements for rights-of-way to inform business development and product design
- Develop and build consensus around key features and feature roadmaps that align business needs with engineering timelines
- Define high-level product metrics and how to measure success
- Work closely with engineering and project teams to ensure that the product requirements are becoming reality, and ensure that user needs have been met post product launch
- Advocate and disseminate key product insights and recommendations in written form and in presentations to inform executive decisions
- You hold a Master’s or PhD in Operations Research, Urban Planning/Architecture, Transportation, Civil Engineering, Materials Science, Structural Engineering, Constructing Engineering, or related field
- You have at least 5+ years of relevant work experience in transportation system design, planning, and simulation sector or related field
- You have Product Management experience including successfully leading projects end-to-end, particularly involving managing multiple internal and external stakeholders
- You bring a passion for user experience and design and ability to always represent the “voice of the customer”
- You have expert ability to use data to drive decisions and prioritize among multiple competing objectives, working in a scrappy environment
- You come with strong communication and partnership skills – this will be a very cross-functional role, with partner teams spanning multiple offices globally
- You have familiarity with safety and other potential regulations relevant to Cavnue’s product features
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members!
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.