We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which recently announced the closing of its Series A at $130M, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As a Roadway Design Engineer, you will work to provide design and drafting support on roadway design projects. The engineer will be expected to develop 2D and 3D features within OpenRoads to evaluate design alternatives and produce figures for construction documents. The engineer will coordinate and communicate with senior engineers but should possess the ability to work independently.
We are looking for an individual that is passionate about the future of roads, who is willing to think creatively, and who is ready to join a growing team of engineers to design Cavnue’s next set of projects.
- Prepare plan, profile, and alignment drawings for roadway infrastructure using Bentley OpenRoads software
- Apply sound engineering knowledge of engineering principles and practices in project assignments with supervision and assistance from other senior engineers
- Perform a variety of basic engineering tasks to assist in the production of plans, specifications, reports, diagrams, and engineering documents with supervision from other senior engineers
- Collect and analyze mapping, survey, and traffic information to develop meaningful project documents and reports
- Perform engineering computations and QA reviews
- Perform quantity take-offs for estimating purposes
- Prepare cost estimates for project designs
- Perform field reviews if necessary
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- EIT (preferred)
- Proficiency in operating Bentley infrastructure and engineering computer-aided design (CAD) software, specifically Microstation and OpenRoads, at a production level
- 1-3 years of experience in roadway design within the civil engineering discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of Michigan Department of Transportation engineering and construction standards and specifications are a plus
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with others in a professional manner
- Strong attention to detail and ability to think innovatively in solving problems
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members!
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.