We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which announced the closing of its Series A at $130M in 2022, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As a Roadway Operations Lead you will be responsible for supporting the Project Delivery team in the development and delivery of Cavnue projects. The near-term primary duties of this position will be to assist with the delivery of the Michigan project by leading all aspects of the Operations and Maintenance of the infrastructure. The primary tasks include contract management, asset management, scheduling, budgeting, documentation review and tracking, reporting, and quality assurance associated with the project. This role may expand over time to include additional projects and staff management.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the future of roads, willing to think creatively, and ready to join a growing team of engineers to deliver Cavnue’s next set of projects.
- Handle day to day coordination with Operators, internal staff, and stakeholders to address and resolve any substandard issues.
- Verify conformance to plans and other contract documents.
- Assist with development of contract modifications and/or Addenda
- Assist with development of plans such as, but not limited to Operations Management Plans, Maintenance Management Plans, Incident Management Plans, & Project Management Plans.
- Assist with reviewing and processing Operator’s payments and consultant invoices.
- Develop and manage project operations budgets to ensure the project is completed within budget.
- Assist Project Delivery staff with identifying problems and developing solutions.
- Assist with organizing and coordinating meetings internally and externally with project stakeholders as needed.
- Effectively communicate with MDOT and any other project stakeholders to provide project status updates and discuss key issues.
- Discuss project details with internal stakeholders to understand needs and expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited university
- EIT (required), PE (preferred)
- 6+ years of experience in transportation asset management, project engineering or construction/project management.
- Previous experience with ITS and signal projects preferred.
- Previous experience with performance-based contracting preferred.
- Scheduling software experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage consultants and contractors.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with others in a professional manner
- Highly organized and motivated to be able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to think innovatively in solving problems
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.