We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which recently announced the closing of its Series A at $130M, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As a Senior Platform Engineer / Architect, you will be a critical part of the Platform Architecture Team, a rapidly growing and vitally important function within the organization.
You will be responsible in helping to drive the definition and delivery of an architectural strategy for the end-to-end system, accelerating technology realization by identifying outstanding technological choices and engaging cross-functionally to drive down-selection, facilitating architectural discussions, ensuring implementation execution aligns with architectural goals, and communicating the rationale and implications of implementation choices and trade-offs for the system in a clear and understandable way to the entire organization. You will work closely and cross-functionally with multiple world-class teams of engineers and engineering leaders to help deliver on Cavnue’s mission. If you are a hands-on engineering leader with experience in architecting and implementing complex distributed systems, carrying out trade studies, and evaluating and integrating new technologies, we’d love to meet you!
- Drive the definition and delivery of an architectural strategy for Cavnue’s Platform, in close collaboration with Systems Engineering and all the other engineering teams within Cavnue.
- Design and implement key foundational architectural components and interfaces.
- Drive the characterization and execution of cross-functional trade-studies to aid architectural definition and technology down-selection.
- Lead evaluation of new platform components via prototype development and/or technology integration to help confirm conformance with design, compatibility and performance requirements.
- Facilitate and accelerate new feature development and implementation by engaging in cross-functional collaboration with other engineering functions.
- Communicate the implementation choices made for the Platform and rationalize and explain those in a way that is approachable and easy for the entire organization to understand.
- Provide technical mentorship and leadership to the engineers at Cavnue
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5+ years of experience in Systems Architecture and implementation of large-scale distributed systems in a relevant discipline. Proven track record of successfully designing and shipping distributed systems that operate at scale.
- Highly experienced in developing and communicating both architectural plans and implementation details to internal and external audiences.
- Skilled in identifying, defining and carrying out trade studies to drive technology down-selection.
- Skilled in both C++ and Python
- Experience working in modern development environments and using tools such as Git, GitHub, Jira, Confluence – or similar tools – which include complex operations and workflows
- Experience working cross-functionality with various engineering disciplines.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience in at least one one of following areas outside of distributed systems:
- Machine Learning: model deployment, integration and execution.
- HW Sensors: interfacing and integration of different sensor modalities.
- Cloud: development: deployment and scaling in cloud environments.
- Micro-service / Event-driven architectures: different frameworks, best practices and implementation experience.
- System Optimization: how to evaluate, profile and optimize large-scale heterogeneous systems, especially in terms of throughput as well as latency.
- Safety / life critical systems development: constraints that are introduced, standards and certifications involved.
- Early-stage start-up experience is a plus.
- Real time or latency critical systems architecture and development
- Experience working in IoT systems
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members!
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.