We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which recently announced the closing of its Series A at $130M, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As a Software Engineer at Cavnue, you’ll take part in the creation of a software ecosystem that will transform transportation. We’re building and using a platform inspired by micro-services, Internet of Things, and robotics. We’ll leverage amazing existing work and create groundbreaking new technologies. It’s a fresh slate, so you’ll help pick the tools and practices we use. And contribute to the development of a great, positive engineering culture!
- Be a team member and make significant contributions to one or more of our key domains: Platform, Simulation, Apps & Visualization, Software Integration, Developer Experience
- Design, develop, and document high-quality software in a cross-functional team environment
- Advance the state of our platform, features, tools, and processes, perhaps lead projects and initiatives
- Write high-quality code with thoughtful design, good patterns and practices, standards adoption, lifecycle testing, documentation, and continuous monitoring for opportunities to improve
- Have a voice; communicate well
- Learn and grow as a software engineer
- Contribute to a healthy and positive engineering culture
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong skills and experience with C++
- You are proficient with Python
- You are proficient with OOD and OOP (Object Oriented Design and Programming)
- You are comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience working with Git, GitHub, Jira, Confluence – or similar tools
- You have built software in highly collaborative environments
- You have a history of designing practical and compelling architectures and systems
- You come with strong communication and collaboration skills with cross-functional teams
- Knowledgeable practitioner of agile software development methodologies; being a power user of JIRA and/or Confluence
- Familiarity with different programming paradigms (procedural, functional), styles (STL, generics), and idioms
- Familiarity with geospatial analytics and visualization frameworks (e.g., Leaflet, Mapbox.js, Kepler)
- Knowledge of automotive or transportation industries
- Experience with ML (machine learning) and AI (artificial intelligence)
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members!
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.