We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which in April 2022 announced the closing of its Series A at $130M, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As the Staff Software Engineer, Simulation you will lead the engineering effort to enhance and integrate the existing Simulation ecosystem into Caveue’s platform and data pipelines. You will develop key new capabilities to enable ML, testing and HW workflows and use-cases that drive system analysis, feature development and capability exploration. You will also lead the architecture and build of key integration components to facilitate Cavnue and partner ( vehicle OEMs, L4 trucking, etc) simulation development efforts. You will make significant contributions towards an overall system platform that enables Cavnue to fulfill our roadmap for years to come. As a hands-on role, you will make direct contributions to our technology and capability, and add to our healthy and positive engineering culture.
Heading this effort, you will shape and have a massive impact on Cavnue, what we make, and how we engineer. Come join us and help us build this team!
- Architect and support foundational simulation ecosystem changes and integrations
- Own the interface between simulation and rest of Cavnue’s platform and data pipelines
- Improve simulation performance: both directly and by building tools to help others
- Build solutions that allow users to self serve, or to get help, to accelerate their own work
- Ensure the reproducibility of simulation results and traceability of data artifacts
- Participate the in selection of primary development tools and processes
- Write high-quality code with thoughtful design, good patterns and practices, standards adoption, lifecycle testing, documentation, and continuous monitoring for opportunities to improve
- Participate in overall architecture design and iteration, evolving our processes, and making key technical decisions to enable simulation to integrate smoothly with deployment, configuration and monitoring tools
- Lead the design and approach for simulation integration (tools, APIs) across multiple simulation platforms both within Cavnue and across the partner ecosystem
- At least 8 years of professional software development and leadership with a track record of success
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Skilled in both C++ (>11) and Python3
- Expertise in developing and extending simulation ecosystems used in automotive, aerospace or equivalent fields/disciplines
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and execution.
- Experience with testing, validation and maintenance of complex and distributed software systems
- Understanding of limitations of existing simulation platforms and technologies
- Experience working in modern development environments and using tools such as Git, GitHub, Jira, Confluence – or similar tools – which include complex operations and workflows
- Experience working cross-functionality with various engineering disciplines.
- A history of building software in highly collaborative environments
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience with the simulation ecosystem from Applied Intuition
- Experience with containerization: creation, orchestration and execution
- Understanding and experience interacting with different sensor modalities and the data they produce (camera, lidar, radar)
- Experience with “in-the-loop” integrations of hardware or major software platforms
- Experience with multiple mapping providers and integration of network and lane level maps with simulation
- Practical experience with Google’s Protocol Buffers
- VISSIM, TransCAD, SUMO experience or similar
- Familiarity with geospatial analytics tools and platforms
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members!
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.