We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which recently announced the closing of its Series A at $130M, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As a Software Engineering Technical Lead, you will head the definition, design, implementation, documentation, testing, and adoption of a flexible simulation program that supports our development progress, demonstrates the performance of our greater technology, facilitates collaboration with partners, and advances the connected vehicle ecosystem. You will make significant contributions towards an overall system platform that enables Cavnue to fulfill our roadmap for years to come. As a hands-on role, you will make direct contributions to our technology and capability, and add to our healthy and positive engineering culture.
Heading this effort, you will shape and have a massive impact on Cavnue, what we make, and how we engineer. Come join us and help us build this team!
- Deliver Cavnue’s simulation program as described above.
- Manage, grow, elevate, and maintain a high performing engineering team
- Lead major projects and initiatives that extend well beyond your focus domain
- Engage with key engineering partners ( vehicle OEMs, L4 trucking operators) to drive requirements and integration approaches with Cavnue’s simulation platform and partner systems
- Lead significant software development efforts that involve multiple people and span multiple sprints
- Participate the in selection of primary development tools and processes
- Develop and maintain relationships with critical vendors
- Write high-quality code with thoughtful design, good patterns and practices, standards adoption, lifecycle testing, documentation, and continuous monitoring for opportunities to improve
- Participate in overall architecture design and iteration, evolving our processes, and making key technical decisions to enable simulation to integrate smoothly with deployment, configuration and monitoring tools
- Integrate real-world and simulated results to provide evidence-backed projections of performance
- Create and conduct simulation studies to influence overall direction and prioritization of features
- Provide vital voice and input to overall engineering and test
- Have a voice; communicate well
- Contribute to a healthy and positive engineering culture
- Be a mentor and model to the team
- At least 8 years of professional software development and leadership with a track record of success
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Expertise in vehicle simulation ecosystems and productive use
- Experience with testing and validation of complex systems
- Expertise in procedural programming languages (e.g. python, c++)
- Understanding of limitations of existing simulation platforms and technologies
- A history of building software in highly collaborative environments
- Top-notch communication and collaboration skills with cross-functional teams
- Experience working with Git, GitHub, Jira, Confluence – or similar tools
- Experience with “in-the-loop” integrations of hardware or major software platforms
- Experience in facility-level traffic simulation and modeling for demand and planning transportation engineering
- Experience in advanced analytics in an automotive, civil engineering, or urban planning context
- Experience with multiple mapping providers and integration of network and lane level maps with simulation
- Experience with safety and time critical systems development
- VISSIM, TransCAD, SUMO experience or similar
- Familiarity with geospatial analytics tools and platforms
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members!
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.