We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which recently announced the closing of its Series A at $130M, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As a Systems Engineering Lead, you will be a critical part of Cavnue’s Systems Engineering team, a rapidly growing and vitally important function within the organization. You will have the opportunity to lead the definition, development, test, verification, and validation of large parts of our end-to-end system. You will work with a world-class team of engineering, operations, and product leaders to help deliver on Cavnue’s mission. If you are a hands-on engineering leader with experience in engineering requirements across multiple disciplines, carrying out trade studies, developing architectures, and leading the integration and test of large systems, we’d love to meet you!
- Lead the development of Cavnue’s Systems Engineering strategy, processes, and tools.
- Lead the definition and lifecycle management of system level engineering requirements, in collaboration with product and multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Drive the creation of Concepts of Operations and System Architectures, leading collaboration efforts with Business Development, Product Management, and Engineering teams.
- Own, and be a thought-partner to Engineering teams in, the execution of trade studies, to ensure system level trade-offs are optimized.
- Represent Cavnue in front of customer leadership, including with DOTs and other road operators, and Automotive OEMs
- Help in building and scaling the Systems Engineering team
- Provide technical leadership and execution in the development of test strategies and plans ensuring complete coverage and traceability of system requirements
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering teams in understanding current state and future goals in order to aid in the creation of overall technology strategy and roadmap
- Drive the creation of new industry standards, leading groups of senior technical counterparties from external organizations
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 9+ years of experience in Systems Engineering in a relevant discipline, experience in Robotics, Autonomous Vehicle, Automotive, or Aerospace industries is preferred.
- You have a proven track record of successfully bringing new products or solutions to market and enabling sustained operations.
- Experience working across an entire system involving software and hardware components
- You bring expert ability to identify and drive trade studies that may involve leading a team of engineers
- Experience developing Concept of Operations documents for external audiences
- Experience working on safety-critical and/or high-reliability systems
- Experience working with safety and quality standards and certifications such as ISO26262 (Functional Safety), ISO/PAS 21448:2019 (Safety of the Intended Functionality), ASIL Decomposition, ISO9001 (Quality Management Systems)
- Experience with Requirements Management software, such as Jama, a plus
- Early-stage start-up experience is a plus.
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members!
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.