Cavnue’s mission is to unlock autonomous mobility and save lives, time, and money. We do this by building the roads of the future.
We build products that delight our users whether it is giving drivers time back on the roads, giving transit users more accessible and higher quality transportation, or enabling more efficient movement of goods. We are developing and integrating technologies that will power the world’s most technologically advanced roads. We are building the future. Come join us.
In this role, you will lead Cavnue’s systems engineering team developing, verifying, and validating system readiness. You will work with a world-class team of engineers, operations, and product leaders to help deliver on Cavnue’s mission. If you are a hands-on engineering leader with experience in engineering requirements, trade studies, system integration and test, and safety critical verification and validation, we’d love to meet you!
- Build, lead, and scale a Systems Engineering team to provide cross-functional technical leadership from product concept to mass production
- Develop Cavnue’s Systems Engineering strategy, including our deployment verification and validation approach
- Define and manage system level engineering requirements, tracking, traceability, and tooling for feature development and validation processes
- Lead trade studies in partnership with key stakeholders to ensure system level trade-offs are optimized
- Provide technical leadership and execution in the development of test strategies and plans ensuring complete coverage and traceability of system requirements
- Partner with product and technology teams in understanding current state and future goals in order to inform test, verification and validation efforts
- Develop system signoff plans and execution to ensure safe, reliable product deployments
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of experience in systems engineering, test and validation in a relevant discipline with an emphasis on complex systems in a high tech or automotive industry, autonomous vehicle experience a plus
- Track record of successfully bringing new features and solutions into a broad market
- Experience using statistics and large data sets to make engineering decisions
- Experience working on safety-critical and high-reliability systems
- Experience with safety and quality standards and certifications such as ISO26262 (Functional Safety), ISO/PAS 21448:2019 (Safety of the Intended Functionality), ASIL Decomposition, ISO9001 (Quality Management Systems)
- Leadership skills in inspiring, driving, and executing results through direct and cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Self-motivated, creative, and proactive to meet tight schedules and work in fast-paced environments
- Early-stage start-up experience is a plus
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.