We believe that the future of transportation is automated. Automated travel will be safer, more comfortable, more efficient and a powerful economic enabler for our communities. However, automating driving is a massively complex engineering challenge, requiring vehicles to navigate social norms, regional traffic patterns, unpredictable weather incidents, and a host of anomalous events. While billions of dollars have already been spent trying to solve this problem, a comprehensive answer remains frustratingly elusive. We believe that the final answer lies with roadway infrastructure.
Join us in building the roads of the future. Cavnue, which recently announced the closing of its Series A at $130M, is bridging technology and road infrastructure to realize a safer, more efficient, and more accessible future for automated transportation. Cavnue’s experienced team sits at the intersection of technology, infrastructure, and government—working together to develop and deploy the world’s most advanced roads. We are incorporating physical and digital infrastructure that unlock the full spectrum of capabilities of current and future automated vehicle technologies. We believe in a world in which road infrastructure shares in the complexity of autonomy and, instead of being another problem to solve for, becomes a core part of the solution.
As the Technical Program Manager, Hardware Systems, you will lead Cavnue’s hardware system programs from early prototype through manufacturing and launch, ensuring quality and schedule compliance in all phases of the program. You will work with a world-class team of engineers, operations, and business leaders to help deliver on Cavnue’s mission. If you are a hands-on technical program manager with experience in all phases of the hardware product lifecycle, we would love to talk to you!
- You will manage day-to-day and lead coordination of hardware programs
- Ability to define and implement PLM processes to guide hardware product development
- Interface with Product, Systems Engineering, and Hardware Engineering to ensure alignment around requirements and timely execution against roadmap
- Drive multi-functional teams including Sensor, Electrical, Mechanical to deliver state-of-the-art sensing solutions.
- Align teams across the product and technology organization around design trade-offs, requirements, manufacturing, test, release, and validation plans for successful on-time launches.
- You will have the opportunity to develop strong collaborations with internal and external stakeholders as we kick-off programs, release designs, and ramp up production.
- Proactively identify and implement new processes and systems for design reviews, hardware systems validation, and release to production
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- You have a technical background (e.g. hardware development) with knowledge of optical sensor technologies and launching hardware products
- You have at least 10+ years of combined experience in hardware program management, hardware development, and NPI manufacturing
- You come with in-depth technical engineering knowledge to effectively establish and manage project and operational KPIs, assess and drive technical and commercial risks, and critically challenge engineering decisions made in a cross-functional setting and high volume scenarios.
- You are a self-motivated, creative, and proactive individual who can drive tight schedules and work in fast-paced environments
- You enjoy being hands-on and wear multiple hats during R&D and prototype phases
- You are proficient with project management tools, software, best practices, and detailed knowledge of product development lifecycle
- You have excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills with a strong focus on execution
- You are data driven with an analytical approach to solving problems and creating successful plans
- You hold the ability to drive cross-functional teams and technical discussions/design reviews
- Experience managing contract manufacturers and suppliers
- Experience with optical sensors R&D and manufacturing processes
- Early-stage start-up experience
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment
- Company 401K match
- Parental, childbirth, and adoption leave
- Wellness perks including access to on-demand primary care, virtual health appointments, and online mental health therapy
- Home office reimbursement policy
- Generous PTO policy, including paid year-end holiday shut down
- Learning and development opportunities
- Top of the line equipment for our team members!
We are building an incredible team of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that great work can occur anywhere and are open to considering candidates who meet our needs who reside outside our geographic footprint. We also value the impact that can result from co-located teams and some roles may require regular presence in one of our offices.
Cavnue is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Cavnue are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.